Are you an Early Childhood Education Student or Faculty Member? The Library’s Children Literature Section has moved to a new location! Come Visit.
The Children’s Collection is now divided into three categories: Picture Books, Early Reader Books, and Foreign Language Books.
Look for these Award-Winning Titles!
Newbery Medal Books
- The One and Only Ivan by Katherine Applegate
- Dead End in Norvelt by Jack Gantos
- Moon over Manifest by Clare Vanderpool
- The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman
Caldecott Medal Books
- This Is Not My Hat, written and illustrated by Jon Klassen
- A Ball for Daisy by Chris Raschka
- A Sick Day for Amos McGee by Philip C. Stead
- The Lion & the Mouse by Jerry Pinkney
- The Three Pigs by David Wiesner
Coretta Scott King Book Awards
- Elijah of Buxton by Christopher Paul Curtis
- We Are the Ship: The Story of Negro League Baseball by Kadir Nelson
- Bad News for Outlaws: The Remarkable Life of Bass Reeves, Deputy U.S. Marshal by Vaunda Micheaux Nelson
- Copper Sun by Sharon Draper
–For a full list of award-winning children’s literature titles, visit the Association for Library Service to Children at the American Library Association website ( http://www.ala.org/alsc/) . –
Looking for Curriculum & Activity Planning Books?
They are located in the Education Section of the library!
- Creative Activities for Young Children
Call Number: LB1139.35.A37 M365 2002
- Early Childhood Curriculum : Developmental Bases for Learning and Teaching
Call Number: LB1139.4 .W67 2006
- Planning Activities for Child Care : A Curriculum Guide for Early Childhood Education
Call Number: LB1139.25.R67 1993
- Developmentally Appropriate Practice in Early Childhood Programs
Call Number: LB1139.25.D48 1997
- The Creative Curriculum for Preschool
Call Number: LB1140.4 .D62 2002
- Growing Artists : Teaching Art to Young Children
Call Number: LB1139.5.A78 K67 2001
- Tell It Again! : Easy-to-Tell Stories with Activities for Young Children
Call Number: LB1042 .R25 1999